Graded locations

Listed buildings are graded in each location in this blog. Eg. Grade I, II* II of grade I is of most importance. Grade A relates to Scotland. See BLB

Saturday 15 February 2014

Taking the paranormal seriously.

Update
Over the last few months I have been doing other things, mainly concentrating on my music.

Hunting the ghost hunters Having taken a break from my paranormal studies, I have been mulling over things in my head. I have grown to realise that I am not as much interested in the subject of ghosts per se, but more interested in the psychology of hauntings, the methodology regarding paranormal investigations, how they are conducted, the psychological behaviours of these teams and the behaviours of the people who are their audiences.  

I still love travelling and I'm still intrigued by the 'allegedly' haunted so to speak, particularly the old lonely abandoned places. I don't actively look for 'paranormal' I go there open-minded though. 

Facepalm
Are you growing increasingly contemptuous of the paranormal field like I am? As technology progresses, there are a plethora of pseudo gadgets available now on the market more than ever; not just your run of the mill gauss meter, oh no, nowadays, we have shadow detectors and the very cool Ovilus 3. Say what? Forgive me sounding like an old cynic but, people buy into this stuff without researching it and are unfortunately sucked into their own confirmation biases. Investigators that are truly interested in advancing the paranormal field need to look beyond TV shows, stop following trends as it will not get us any closer to any answers. New groups spring up out of every nook and cranny, without a shred of basic critical thinking skills, at worse calling yourself 'scientific' with a superficial understanding of how these devices actually work and assuming they actually connect with spirits.  Some ghost hunters call themselves CEO's case managers and tech managers because they probably like important job titles and are copying off their tv idols.

And the award goes to..
..the most egotistical paranormal group [insert name here] I'm sorry but groups that claim that they are a 'multi award winning paranormal team' are lying, it's all make believe, these awards DO NOT exist! 

Ghost hunting with a 'real' parapsychologist
I have posted the new 'Ghostland's videos not because it's "that guy from most haunted" I think what Dr. Ciaran O'Keeffe is trying to achieve is to educate people how to investigate in a more rational or 'critical' manner; it is a refreshing methodology. Saying that though, I am a bit disappointed with Ciaran, he has chosen to work with events teams, teams that are, well, I'm not going to be wordy here, "CRAP", he is probably a bit hard up for cash. (sorry C, but you can defend yourself on here by leaving a comment)

Lets play dress up
These days ghost 'detectives' are looking more like (PCSOs) police community support officers in their matching uniforms. Nee narr nee naarr..

Use your discretion
The world is full of people who will tell you what you want to hear to get fame or worse your money because they think you're stupid, do NOT prove those people right!

No comments :